Monday, June 25, 2012

Surprise Bill

Today we got a surprise medical bill in the mail and after I called and spoke with them (I had paid it off I thought in April) the lady informed me that this was a completely different bill, I said well I have been tossing out the bills from you guys since I thought I had paid it and since it has the exact same account number I figured it was a mistake. Well she informed me that it was a completely different bill and that one had been sent to collections but if I wanted to pay it now I wouldn't get contacted by collections, I opted to pay the entire bill via EFT since I don't trust them as far as I can toss them and I told her that since it was nearly the same amount as the one I had paid off in April and the same account number I thought it was dumb of them to keep the same account numbers for each doctor and since it never once listed who the amounts were for I had no idea that it was for different doctors (it just puts the total amounts due in the bill.) Fortunately I keep all my EOBs and I made her go thru them to account for every penny. And then sent exactly what she told me the amount was to them via EFT.


 

~PBMFMM

No comments:

Post a Comment